The diaspora and the local communities are encouraged to make donations on-line for socio-economic development projects
By the end of this year, 21 communities will enjoy illuminated streets, multifunctional tractors, upgraded public squares, parks, roads and sidewalks. All these are possible due to the support offered by the UNDP-Switzerland “Migration and local development” project, local budget contributions, but also to the donations of the natives and local communities made as part of on-line and off-line crowdfunding campaigns.
The crowdfunding campaigns are in their full progress, both on local and international platforms, or using the tools provided by the social networks:
- We arrange commonly the pavements in Mihăileni
- Cimișlia – a clean and a well-structured city
- Construction of the agri-food marketplace in Geamăna, district Anenii-Noi
- Opening of the Sports Centre in Văleni, Cahul
- We develop the infrastructure of sector Planul Nou, city of Edineț
- Development of the tourist route “Tezaurul strămoșesc”
- Street illumination for inhabitants of Andrușul de Sus
- United for the office of family doctors in Izbiște
- Modernisation of the agri-food marketplace in Slobozia Mare, Cahul
- Inclusive parks in villages Manta and Pașcani, Cahul
- Renovation of the Museum of village Selemet
- Modern sports hall in village Carahasani, district Ștefan Vodă
- Old Street – we develop the rural tourism AT HOME
- Support the arrangement of 5 playgrounds of out-of-door activities in city of Ceadîr-Lunga
- The inhabitants of Taraclia for a well-structured village and clean environment
- Support establishing of the transborder tourism cluster in village Palanca, Ștefan Vodă
- The summer theatre for the inhabitants of Drochia
- A tractor for Căinari
- A tractor for Codreanca
- The hearth of village Mereni – a linking bridge with the diaspora
- A modern recreation area for inhabitants of Sireți, Strășeni
“By these campaigns, we aim to shortening the distance between migrants and their home communities. This is the only way we can ensure the synergy between the diaspora and the communities back home. There are hundreds of examples of on-line crowdfunding campaigns organized by our partner communities. Their examples were taken over by other communities from all over the country, which makes us think that we have become an ‘academy of crowdfunding’ at the local level,” said Zinaida Adam, manager of the UNDP-Switzerland ”Migration and local development” project.
For the fourth year, hometown associations are guided by UNDP Moldova in conducting on-line fundraising campaigns. Recently, this good practice has been replicated at national level by the Bureau for Diaspora Relations.
Starting with August 2020, 72 communities throughout the country, beneficiaries of the UNDP and the Bureau for Diaspora Relations’ programs, have started fundraising campaigns to ensure the financial contributions requested by the development partners.