UN Moldova COVID-19 Situational Report nr23
- The UN RC and WHO representative had a meeting with the Prime Minister, Ion Chicu, on July 6, to discuss the evolution of the epidemiological situation in the Republic of Moldova;
- The state of National Public Health Emergency is due to expire on July 15, it is not clear at this time if this will be extended;
- The Voluntary National Review Report will be presented by the Government of Moldova on July 16th. The event will be broadcasted online via platform: http://webtv.un.org/ as well as all formal events of the 2020 UN ECOSOC High Level Political Forum. The VNR Report can be accessed on: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/memberstates/moldova.;
- The VNR Lab “National experience of the SDG implementation and review processes in the Republic of Moldova” will be held on July 15 at 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Chisinau time). For participation, you can access this link to register before July 13, 5:00 pm;
- The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) released the revised population and migration data. The main reported findings are related to the fact that Moldova's population number decreased with 1.7% in just one year to a total population number of 2,640.4 thousand people (51.9% women and 48.1% men). The main driver of the shrink of the population number is emigration (46% of emigrants are aged 21 - 40 years old). In general, the population number of the Republic of Moldova decreased by 8% in the last 7 years.