Polish companies are sharing innovative solutions with their peers from Moldova
19 January 2023
- Nine Polish companies are all set to partner with Moldovan counterparts to implement innovative solutions as part of the 5th Call for Proposals of the Polish Challenge Fund implemented by UNDP. Each selected initiative was awarded with up to US$40,000 and is being conducted from December 2022 to June 2023.
The current edition of the Fund’s competition aims to support the response to the multidimensional crisis faced by the Republic of Moldova (influx of refugees, rising cost of living, energy crisis) and covers three thematic areas: green technologies and affordable energy sources; digital innovations and new solutions for ICT sector, and markets; employment and other support.
“Already this year we will be able to notice a tangible impact from all of these initiatives onto Moldova’s markets, through enhanced access to new jobs, green and innovative technologies, and expertise,” noted Magdalena Kudlicka, Polish Challenge Fund Project Manager, UNDP Istanbul Regional Hub.
The following initiatives to be implemented in Moldova were awarded by the Polish Challenge Fund:
- Adamaszki LLC, in partnership with Red Pill Investment LLC will conduct an integration and training project, aiming to create new jobs in Moldovan touristic and rural areas.
- Bridge-East Capital LLC, in partnership with Moldova IT Park will implement an acceleration project for 12 startups (either from Moldova or willing to relocate from Ukraine) and will promote the Wolves Summit – an event for start-ups and innovative companies.
- Elocity LLC, in partnership with Green City Lab Moldova (NGO founded with UNDP Moldova’s support) will install three electric vehicle charging stations with a full mobile and electronic solution to operate it.
- Makroterm in partnership with Antonești village, Ștefan Vodă district and EcoFabrica LLC will modernise the heating system of a school and kindergarten with devices powered by green energy sources.
- PPHU Soldrip LLC, in partnership with Ulei Eco Grup LLC will carry out a pilot assembly of tables to produce high-quality vegetables.
- Proidea LLC, in partnership with Starnet Digital City LLC will share its knowledge and experience through hackathon events.
- Science and Technology Park “Euro-Centrum”, in partnership with the municipality of Ceadîr-Lunga will prepare a full feasibility study for the use of renewable energy sources in public buildings of Ceadîr-Lunga and supervise its implementation.
- SEEDiA LLC, in partnership with the Congress of Local Authorities from Moldova will apply a smart city solution by installing a “green” bus shelter equipped with electronic timetable readers. The municipality to benefit from this initiative will be selected.
- Spinnea LLC, in partnership with Bălți city hall will implement an intelligent traffic management system at one of the intersections in the city.
Within previous Calls for Proposals (2021-2022), three other initiatives were accomplished:
- Civitta Polska LLC, in partnership with Business Development Capital LLC and “Ask a Mom” community developed a mentoring programme – QUEEN Innovation Challenge that benefited nine women entrepreneurs. They were couched by Polish mentors.
- EcoBean, in partnership with Tucano Coffee LLC conducted a feasibility study to close the coffee loop for Moldova. The company provided necessary know-how and essential experience with the logistics of spent coffee grounds – transportation, upcycling technology, project management, and implementation. Learn more.
- Prote Technologies for Environment, in partnership with the Congress of Local Authorities from Moldova implemented bio-industrial water treatment patented solution at two wastewater treatment plants in Căușeni and Vadul lui Vodă.
The Polish Challenge Fund is an initiative of the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UNDP Istanbul Regional Hub, supporting the use of innovative solutions and Polish know-how, knowledge, and experience to solve development challenges in selected partner countries of Polish Aid. The current 5th edition is carried out in the Republic of Moldova, while previous initiatives was also operated in Ukraine, Georgia and Belarus. Thirty-five applications were received this time.