UN Moldova COVID-19 Weekly Situation Report nr54
Vaccination campaign updates:
- According to the government portal on vaccination (https://vaccinare.gov.md/) as of April 26th, a total of 120,254 doses of vaccine were administered (11,494 people received 2 doses);
- Adverse Reactions: Moderate = 0.037% (45 events) / Mild = 0.89% (1,078 events)
- The MoHLSP published its 4th survey on behavioral options on COVID-19 and vaccination in Moldova. The survey, among other indicators, shows a substantial increase in the population that accepts vaccination- 41%, compared to 31% in previous surveys;
- As a result of vaccination, the infection rate among medical staff registered a significant reduction - 82.5%. Thus, currently, the infection rate among medical personnel (% from the total of all infection cases) is 3% compared to 12% before the vaccination started;
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Market Dashboard (hosted by UNICEF) informs the following numbers on vaccines for Moldova as of April 26: doses shipped via COVAX- 86,970, doses allocated through May 2021- 233,190.
- The Russian Federation announced a donation of 182,000 doses of Sputnik-V vaccine to Moldova, including 62,000 for Transnistria region. The first batch of 71,000 doses arrived in Chisinau on April 24th, with the next batch to be dispatched in May 2021.