Position Title:Senior Procurement and Logistic Assistant Duty Station:Chisinau, Moldova Classification:General Staff, Category Grade, G7, UN Salary Scale Type of Appointment:Fixed-Term one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date:August 2022 Closing Date:August 7, 2022
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in IOM Chisinau and Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO) and direct supervision of the Administrative Coordinator; and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in IOM Chisinau.
Core Functions / Responsibilities: Procurement
1. Coordinate and monitor all activities of the purchasing cycle, including but not limited to revision and consolidation of purchase request forms, organization of bidding processes, evaluation, delivery of goods and services, payment to suppliers, filing system and reporting. May authorize purchases in line with Purchase Authorization Matrix.
2. Work with managers in the development of procurement plans to optimize purchasing power and facilitate the implementation of project activities.
3. Participate in negotiations of terms and conditions of purchases and resolve issues related to the delivery of goods and services.
4. Provide technical guidance to requisitioners and all staff in the office on preparation of specifications and interpretation and implementation of procurement instructions and procedures.
5. Identify local and international suppliers and service providers; participate in their evaluation taking into consideration quality, prices, reliability, and services and the organization’s best interests.
6. Create and implement administrative tools for tracking and monitoring of contracts, agreements, and progress of activities toward the achievement of the procurement plans and schedules.
7. Participate in capacity development of staff, providers and partners on IOM’s procurement processes and policies.
8. Coordinate and monitor logistics activities related to property and asset management, warehousing, insurance coverage, maintenance, and transportation. Identify challenges and provide recommendations.
9. Participate in the preparation of logistics plans and budget requirements for planned operations.
10. Implement internal control mechanisms to safeguard the organization’s assets and prevent fraud.
11. Coordinate logistics operations with other UN Agencies, partners, and government authorities.
12. Participate in the development, evaluation, and updating of systems and procedures for procurement/logistics; suggest areas for improvement and risk-mitigation measures.
13. Guide, train and supervise staff in the Unit.
14. Participate in inter-agency related working groups when requested.
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience Education:
• University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• High school diploma with seven years of relevant professional experience
• Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management is an advantage Experience:
• Experience in procurement and logistics and working with service providers and vendors;
• Experience with asset management process;
• Experience working with IOM/UN Procurement and Logistics Rules and Procedures is an advantage
• Experience working in an international organisation in a multi-cultural setting an advantage.
• Experience in training and coordinating teams Skills:
• High level of computer literacy
• Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
• Ability to work with national and international institutions;
• Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
• Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment;
• Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills Languages:
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges. Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 2)
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way. Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 2)
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking & vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History Form and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 7 August 2022, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.